Tuesday, January 16, 2007

John 11

Lazarus (Dead and Loving it)

I see this mention of dead people only being asleep in the few stories where Jesus raises someone from the dead. And in this passage Mary says something that I have wondered about. When Jesus tells her he is going to raise Lazarus. Mary believes he is talking about the last day of the world when Jesus will return. I find this real interesting. If this is true then when someone dies, and we say," He's in a better place." He really isn't! He is still here on earth. Now this leads my mind into the possibility of Ghosts (but I'm not going to go there). We always assume that when someone dies they immediately go to heaven or hell. This story paints a picture of a permanent residence on earth until the last days. No immediate transfer to the afterlife of your own doing.

Jesus and the Player Haters

Not much here but the beginnings of the beginnings of the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home