Thursday, November 02, 2006

John 6

Jesus feeds the 5000 (plus women and children)
This is a miracle story that later on is related with a parable or metaphor.

Jesus Walks on the Water
This is a very brief display of a miracle Jesus performed. Some versions have Peter (I believe it was him) getting out of the boat and almost walking on the water as well.

Jesus the Bread of Life
I see a correlation between the verses Jesus is the Bread of Life, Jesus is the Word, and man does not live on bread alone, but on the Word of God. This is a theme I guess you can call it that I have noticed.
Now I do not remember this passage where Jesus speaks of communion. I am surprise I have not read it or heard it referenced in a sermon or communion speech.

Many disciples Leave
Jesus' message is a hard one to follow because it is not the way of the world and sometimes it's difficult to understand the true meaning or message behind his words. This is the reason many people can't go to church because they live to much in the world that it binds their thinking to the world. Anything outside "reality" is impossible and there for nonexistent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home