John 5
The Healing Swimming Pool
This pool is reported to have been stirred frequently by the angels themselves. That's what the man is mentioning when he speaks of them just being stirred. Now here Jesus is showing that since he is God he is lord of the Sabbath. Which continues into the next section.
Life through the Son
Jesus speaks about his relationship with God. He speaks of the dead and those in the graves. I'm sure he is referring to death being sin. So all of the dead are sinners brought to the light. I get frustrated a lot about how Jesus will go talking straight to spiking in parables and metaphors.
testimonies
I'm surprised to find this whole section spoken by Jesus himself. This is obviously a teaching I haven't heard preached or read. This is obviously written to Jewish non-believers or skeptics. Jesus seem frustrated himself at how many Jews will believe anyone on the street corner and then turn away from him just because he says he is the Messiah. I can obviously understand this, it's as if someone came to me and said they were one of my real parents and I was adopted. That would be hard to believe.
The Healing Swimming Pool
This pool is reported to have been stirred frequently by the angels themselves. That's what the man is mentioning when he speaks of them just being stirred. Now here Jesus is showing that since he is God he is lord of the Sabbath. Which continues into the next section.
Life through the Son
Jesus speaks about his relationship with God. He speaks of the dead and those in the graves. I'm sure he is referring to death being sin. So all of the dead are sinners brought to the light. I get frustrated a lot about how Jesus will go talking straight to spiking in parables and metaphors.
testimonies
I'm surprised to find this whole section spoken by Jesus himself. This is obviously a teaching I haven't heard preached or read. This is obviously written to Jewish non-believers or skeptics. Jesus seem frustrated himself at how many Jews will believe anyone on the street corner and then turn away from him just because he says he is the Messiah. I can obviously understand this, it's as if someone came to me and said they were one of my real parents and I was adopted. That would be hard to believe.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home