Saturday, November 04, 2006

John 7

Jesus goes to the Feast of Tabernacles

I like the mention of what the people in Judea were saying. Both sides are represented so you see that not all of the people believed in Jesus. While of course I know this is true it is only really mentioned of the Pharisees (not believing in Jesus). I never really get an idea of the mob mentality towards Jesus.

Jesus Teaches

Jesus here is angry with the Jews because they follow the wrong parts of the Law. They see it written so they believe it must be exactly that way. I am sure that some of the Jews would have thought that on the Sabbath all you could really do is lay in bed and do nothing. Jesus points out flaws in their reasoning of the Law.

Is Jesus the Christ?

For the Pharisees to have heard the whisperings of the people starting to believe in Christs, means that there had to be a lot of people whispering. For example (JUST AN EXAMPLE) if I were to talk about a plan of my friends and I to blow some big important building up, I wouldn't go near a police officer and talk about it openly. For the temple authorities to go to Jesus would mean that he was considered a threat. The fact that they wished to killed him probably meant he was a big threat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home