Monday, January 15, 2007

John 10

Jesus the Shepherd

Now with the whole Christmas thing just happening I have come to a new understanding of what is really going on when Jesus is talks about shepherding. He uses it many times through out the new testament. Two different preachers told me about how the shepherd was like the... trashman. No one but little children who didn't know better, wanted to be a shepherd. It was a smelly, lonely, 24/7, thankless job. So when Jesus talks to the people about being a shepherd there is a whole lot more meaning going on in their minds than would go on in ours.

Jesus' Among Wolves

There is a great quote from Jesus that I really like and I am going to write it down in the back of my Bible with all the other great passages I have found. Here it is!

John 10:25-30
"Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one.""

I love how possessive Jesus is of us! I just want to give him a big hug right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home