Romans 7
The nature of sin is a topic most talked about in sermons and lectures during church. The way Paul writes about sin seems to suggest he is talking about some law that sin imposes. But, he is in fact speaking of the Hebrew doctrine. I like how he says that the law gives substance to sin. I wonder, though, if there is no way for man to recognize sin without the law. If that is the case then God has placed us with the innate ability to recognize it. This is not something that Paul discusses in the chapter, but I would just like to throw out the thought.
Paul says that sin is given substance by the law and that the law is not the source of the sin. Which is a big DUUHHHHHHHH. So, Pauly boy, why did you write like it was huuuuuh. Oh yea I kind of explained it above.
Later in the chapter he goes into a, "If it feels good its bad and if it hurts its good." Well not those words exactly (masochists don't get to excited!). Sin is the source of earthly pleasure and of spiritual pain.
The nature of sin is a topic most talked about in sermons and lectures during church. The way Paul writes about sin seems to suggest he is talking about some law that sin imposes. But, he is in fact speaking of the Hebrew doctrine. I like how he says that the law gives substance to sin. I wonder, though, if there is no way for man to recognize sin without the law. If that is the case then God has placed us with the innate ability to recognize it. This is not something that Paul discusses in the chapter, but I would just like to throw out the thought.
Paul says that sin is given substance by the law and that the law is not the source of the sin. Which is a big DUUHHHHHHHH. So, Pauly boy, why did you write like it was huuuuuh. Oh yea I kind of explained it above.
Later in the chapter he goes into a, "If it feels good its bad and if it hurts its good." Well not those words exactly (masochists don't get to excited!). Sin is the source of earthly pleasure and of spiritual pain.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home