Saturday, July 29, 2006

1 Cor 15

15:6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

I read this passage where it describes the dead as "fallen asleep." I know Christ spoke of the dead girl as not dead but sleeping. I wonder if death is like sleep where time seems to move quickly and no real understanding of time passing has occured. Only when we look at our clocks or at the sky do we understand what truely has passed while we were unconsious. I death is like sleep then it leads me to wonder if our spirits remain here on earth untill the comming of Christ. I have wondered this before thinking that when we talk of someone who has passed away as "in heaven", and not as "going to heaven." That we might be wrong. That they havent left yet but will go when Christ comes. But, then if I remember that time is relative and that for God time is most certanly relative then what would stop time from being relative for our spirits when we die.

15:45 So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

By being alive one is constantly dieing, a "Deathbringer". So the antithesis of that would be a life giver. So as we begin our existance on this plane of existance we are "Deathbringers." Doomed from the moment we walked this world. But since Jesus came we can now become truely Living Beings, and through Him, Life-givers.

15:51-52

This passage could allude to what my thoughts were on the first passage I talked about. The "last trumpet" could mean something I do not understand due to cultural differences. It could mean the end of the day. I know that time was kept in some ancient cities, not by bells but by trumpet calls. This "last trumpet" could just mean the end of the day, or the end of a life. The exact moment when one goes to "sleep". Or it could mean what I think it might mean, as the last trumpet call that is said to sound at the return of Christ.

I must remember that any thoughts that have no concrete backing are nothing more than speculation. And untill then I must learn to keep an open mind to other openions especially from the wise. For one truely becomes a fool when they refuse to see something from all perspectives. And above all else pray can lead one to greater understanding for the will of God is greater than all the foolishness of man we call wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home