1 Cor 2
2:2 For I resolve to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
The only thing worth knowing in this world is God and only God. The efforts of man to understand the universe are useless, unless, they lead to greater understanding of the Lord. All my time spent in school has had little effect on my understanding of God. Only the tiniest portion has shown me new insights into Gods mind. And even then it has only been through understanding how God created our plane of existance.
2:10 The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
The understanding of the Spirit is a hard thing for me. I see it as a connection through the "spiritual realm" (I hate the way that sounds but thats the only way I can think to say it) from God to us. Without the Spirit we are not connected to God but that does not mean God is still not present in the lives of those who are without the Spirit. It is just that those with the Spirit have convictions and insight into the world around them that those without the Spirit cannot see. The Spirit is God's connection to us from his heart to ours.
2:15 The spiritual man makes judgements about all things, but he himself is not subject to an man's judgemnt
I grow tired of christians condeming christians and nonchristians alike. They know nothing of God's plans for that person. I wonder how God's disposition towards them will change now that they have judged another. I also hate how christians in america insist on war when murder is a sin. Somehow since we where attacked we should immediately go forth and kill more than ten times that there that was lost here. People respond to how would I react if someone was to attack my family or those I love... I don't know but I do know what God desires and I see not how removing souls from this world before they can here about God would be the solution in any senario.
2:2 For I resolve to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
The only thing worth knowing in this world is God and only God. The efforts of man to understand the universe are useless, unless, they lead to greater understanding of the Lord. All my time spent in school has had little effect on my understanding of God. Only the tiniest portion has shown me new insights into Gods mind. And even then it has only been through understanding how God created our plane of existance.
2:10 The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
The understanding of the Spirit is a hard thing for me. I see it as a connection through the "spiritual realm" (I hate the way that sounds but thats the only way I can think to say it) from God to us. Without the Spirit we are not connected to God but that does not mean God is still not present in the lives of those who are without the Spirit. It is just that those with the Spirit have convictions and insight into the world around them that those without the Spirit cannot see. The Spirit is God's connection to us from his heart to ours.
2:15 The spiritual man makes judgements about all things, but he himself is not subject to an man's judgemnt
I grow tired of christians condeming christians and nonchristians alike. They know nothing of God's plans for that person. I wonder how God's disposition towards them will change now that they have judged another. I also hate how christians in america insist on war when murder is a sin. Somehow since we where attacked we should immediately go forth and kill more than ten times that there that was lost here. People respond to how would I react if someone was to attack my family or those I love... I don't know but I do know what God desires and I see not how removing souls from this world before they can here about God would be the solution in any senario.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home