Saturday, July 29, 2006

1 Cor 3

3:13-15 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality fo each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer losss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

In these scriptures it is talking about what man build upon his foundation (which is Jesus Christ). Now I believe it is saying that a man can do bad deeds in this world but as long as he has Jesus he is saved. This goes back to that passage that goes somehting like, then should we all go on sinning. Yes God will save you in the end but your reward will not be great. You'll only get a silver crown instead of a gold one (joking). This idea that sinning and still holding Jesus in our hearts is very interesting. I mean as long as you are still saved and have eternal life... I am not saying that I am going to change everything I have been doing just because of this passage. On the contrary, I think it will make me wish to sin less. I would never want to go to heaven barely escaping the fires of eternal death. I would rather get to heaven unscathed. But, this just makes me think, what is the difference for someone who has lived a sinfull life and is a christian and one who has lived a little more pious life, as in their reward in heaven?
As I have been told many times, one can not understand a passage unless they have read the passage before and the passage after. So I guess I must wait untill tommarrow for the exciting conclusion of Sinful Saint vs. Pious Saint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home