1 Cor 11
11:1-16 Im not writting it out
Ok this passage is confusing to me. Paul makes it sound like it is Gods view that we are all equal, man and woman. But he goes on to talk about women having to cover thier heads and everything we know telling us this. I am thinking that this is a cultural passage as he does not allude to God wishing these things but man. The middle east has had a long history of women covering themselves. This I believe was not applicable to us today because it speaks of a culture long ago and far away.
The rest of the chapter speaks of the Lord's supper. It pertains to people not observing the Lord but just using the time a point to pig out and get drunk. I have never come accross this before so I don't believe it is all that applicable. Especially in the Church of Christ where if you pass the plate with the wrong hand you get ostrasized.
11:1-16 Im not writting it out
Ok this passage is confusing to me. Paul makes it sound like it is Gods view that we are all equal, man and woman. But he goes on to talk about women having to cover thier heads and everything we know telling us this. I am thinking that this is a cultural passage as he does not allude to God wishing these things but man. The middle east has had a long history of women covering themselves. This I believe was not applicable to us today because it speaks of a culture long ago and far away.
The rest of the chapter speaks of the Lord's supper. It pertains to people not observing the Lord but just using the time a point to pig out and get drunk. I have never come accross this before so I don't believe it is all that applicable. Especially in the Church of Christ where if you pass the plate with the wrong hand you get ostrasized.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home