Saturday, July 29, 2006

1 Cor 7

7:14 for the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

So when two are married and be come one and half of the whole is a christian then the other half is sanctified. Interesting... So If a house can not be devided apon itself then in the same way a marriage that is still strong can not be dividedly christian/nonchristian.

Paul spends the rest of the chapter talking about why not to get married. I don't think I could go through this life without getting married. Part of me cries out for a spouse. Someone to hold and to hold me. I guess I can not be as strong as Paul but sometimes I feel he toots his own horn way to much. He should give the glory to God and not himself all the time. Oh well hes almost 2000 years dead. There is no use complaining now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home