Saturday, July 29, 2006

Romans 3

3:4 "Let God be true, and every man a liar."

I think the fact that God's sticks with us through all of our trials, while we don't always, is wonderfully. I think that only a parent with unconditional love could be that way, which gives aid to the perception of God as a parental figure.

3:30-31 "since there's only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law."

This passage seems to say to me that the "new" covenant through Jesus Christ is not an abolishment of the law but rather an amendment. So this would make it more of a "revised" covenant than a "new" covenant. We are here to make sure the word of God (which I see as Jesus Christ and not the Bible) is given as testimony to the world. I have heard talk of something called the Dual Covenant, which is the idea that God still upholds the Jewish covenant as well as the "revised" one. This confuses me since Jesus Christ did not come to abolish the old covenant but to improve upon it. Which leads me to believe that this is another of those grey areas of our faith where only God can supply the correct response. So until then I will follow the "revised" covenant and pray our Jewish cousins are not forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home