Romans 2
The first part of this chapter warns against condeming others for there sins. This is a big fault for some christians and it is what alot of nonbelievers see us as, condemers. I try to see others as if they were myself. That way I will not be so quick to judge them. But to say that I do not judge others is wrong of me becuase on some level I will always judge them.
The next part is actually split, I believe, by a heading. It talks about the law in concordance to gentiles and the law in concordance to Jews. Giving them specific instructions for their " interpritation" of the Law based on their culture. There must have been a few Jewish people in Rome at that time especially as it was the custom to bring back slaves from conqured countries. Otherwise I don't know why Paul would talk about the Jewish perspective unless he was just explaining to them what was expected of the Jewish people.
The first part of this chapter warns against condeming others for there sins. This is a big fault for some christians and it is what alot of nonbelievers see us as, condemers. I try to see others as if they were myself. That way I will not be so quick to judge them. But to say that I do not judge others is wrong of me becuase on some level I will always judge them.
The next part is actually split, I believe, by a heading. It talks about the law in concordance to gentiles and the law in concordance to Jews. Giving them specific instructions for their " interpritation" of the Law based on their culture. There must have been a few Jewish people in Rome at that time especially as it was the custom to bring back slaves from conqured countries. Otherwise I don't know why Paul would talk about the Jewish perspective unless he was just explaining to them what was expected of the Jewish people.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home