Saturday, July 29, 2006

1 Cor 1

1:25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

I really like this passage because It describes the plight of a christian trying to live in the world. We are seen as foolish by the atheistic scientific community. Religion is described as a way for people to cope with the idea of death. Also, I believe it was the great wrestler/govener/theologen, Jesse Ventura, who said "Religion is a crutch for the weak minded."

1:31 Therefore; as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

The other day this sentence really hit me as I was driving around noticing all of the things around me that made me happy. A rabbit crossing an empty field as if it was the safest place. A dog running down the street with a little girl flying behind it holding on to its leash. I never stop and thank God for these little things. And when I accomplish something good I never stop and thank God for allowing me to do it or for helping me. I want to stop believing I am in control and start to let God get all the credit. I think its about time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home